Unlock the true power of your SmartCloud service by setting up SmartCloud Zones and customizing your SmartCloud settings.
Fully adjustable SmartCloud Zones help reduce false alerts by limiting motion detection to a specific, targeted area of your choice, e.g., a door or window. SmartCloud won’t record or notify you about unimportant activity outside of those zones.
IMPORTANT: If you have subscribed to the Starter service plan, there is no Cloud DVR (Cloud Recording) option. However, you will still get activity-based recording and notifications if you set up your SmartCloud Zones and SmartCloud settings.
SmartCloud Zones also help spare your bandwidth and reduce the demand on your network (See “Reducing Bandwidth Consumption”).
SmartCloud Zones are useful for alerting you to specific events, e.g:
- Somebody walking through a doorway
- The family pet jumping on the couch
- A package being delivered to the front door
- A car coming into the driveway
If you want to be notified when someone opens a door but not when a person or pet just walks past the door, draw your SmartCloud Zone around the top of the door. Now SmartCloud will only record when the door is opened. Try setting one up and seeing how it works.
Setting up a SmartCloud Zone is Easy
You can draw as many zones as you like. You can add and delete zones, and change their shape and size following the instructions below:
- From your camera’s Live view, click the Zones button
- To add a zone, click the Add Zone button
- When the zone appears, drag and drop it where you want, and use the handles on the adjustable box to customize the shape
- Use the red handles to adjust basic shape and size
- Use the green handles to fine-tune the shape
- To move the entire zone without changing its shape, click on the middle of the zone and drag it
- To delete a zone, select it and click the Trash button
IMPORTANT: Make sure you save your zone before exiting.
By default, SmartCloud will monitor for activity in your zone, and notify you at the email address associated with your account.
You can also schedule SmartCloud to monitor only at specific times.